Thursday, January 12, 2006

hey ya'll

It's been a while...even though no one's reading this. :)
12 days into the new year and the countdown has begun.
I have a little over a week (5 business days) left at work. It's a little anti-climactic, if only because I've known I'll be leaving for so long and have done everything within my power to make my leaving make as little a difference as possible. So much so that there shouldn't be any work "downtime" once I'm gone, since Damaris is fully in charge of everything now and doing it all admirably.
I know I'll be missed personally by all of my friends here, which is what matters most; but there's obviously a part of me that wants to feel like I'll be missed in a professional capacity. I know, I know...I'm sure I will. :)

Right now, everything's being colored with the feeling of saying goodbye. Even everyday activities take on a different meaning when I do them now, mostly because I have no idea where I'll be as of 3+ weeks from today. I'm actually really enjoying it because it's making me appreciate everything; even the stuff that used to get to me.

This weekend I'm off to Virginia to spend the weekend with sweet Angela and her husband, Doug. It's actually a group of us going: the original triple-threat of myself, Robert, and Angela, plus Mike, Craig and Doug. I'm very much looking forward to the trip and to spending time with Ang.

No comments: