Saturday, February 11, 2006

Lazy Sunday

Someone emailed me requesting information about the classes I'm taking, and other school info.
Until Wednesday, which is Orientation, I have no idea!
In fact, a lot of my life here is hinging on Wednesday - I can't really start looking for a flat or a job until I have the school fundamentals put in place, or at least the beginnings of it.
So for now, as I've told my folks on the phone this morning, I'm pretty much in limbo. As all my fellow New Yorkers know, that's a really weird place to be.
It's hard to find and/or build a community of my own until I know my schedule, and that ain't happening until Wednesday at the earliest.
So until then, I'm learning my way around Wellington and the Hutt. Today (if the rain stops) I'm hoping to do some walking around this area. Yesterday, Aunt Jane drove me around the various neighborhoods of Wellington: Oriental Bay, Lyall Bay, Island Bay, other bays. There's even a Brooklyn here, and it looks like a lovely - and hilly - place to live.
We went up to the Wind Turbine, which is atop some pretty impressive hills, and I was able to take some gorgeous panoramic shots of Wellington as a whole. Again, my apologies for the delay in posting photos. They'll come when I can set up the internet on my laptop, and that too is part of my "Wednesday" mantra.
Hope you're all well. I'm missing you like crazy.
I'm a little bit lonely (and a little bit rock n' roll), but that's to be expected. :)

No comments: