Friday, February 03, 2006

Sayonara

It's my last night in New York for a while. Somehow, I managed to complete most of my packing and it's still a decent hour.
My father opened up a bottle of really good wine (he asked if this was a "special occasion"... knowing full well the answer) ...
and now I am sitting in my room, staring back and forth between the bags that will travel with me and all the stuff I'm leaving behind. Which is a lot. Which is the point. :)
I've gotten some really really wonderful, sweet, loving phone calls today wishing me a safe trip and telling me how much I'm loved, and I am really feeling it. Thank you guys so much.
I try, as we all must do, to live my life doing the right thing. For the first time, I've adjusted it to doing the right thing for myself. And it's friggin scary...kinda like the scary of jumping out of an airplane at 13,500 feet. I think (hope) that the adjustment is going to be the most painful part; but once my mind and body do adjust, it will start to come naturally.
Thanks for all your well-wishes, your support, and your eff-ing enthusiasm!
The next time you hear from me, I'll be on foreign soil and will hopefully have lots to say.
Love you,
Claire

1 comment:

gretablau said...

You must be exhausted!!!