Friday, March 24, 2006

Finally!

I finally, FINALLY have broadband. It's been a pain in the ass the likes of which you could never possibly imagine, and the architecture of the whole thing is pretty inconvenient (can only get a signal in the living room, with all kinds of wiring restrictions) but who cares!!!
To make up for lost time, here are some photos taken while I either had dial-up or no internet connection at all.
I'll take more of the flat/house that I'm now residing in once it stops friggin' raining. I don't need you to think that where I am is anything less than idyllic. :)



Image hosting by Photobucket
Himatangi Beach, where the McGuinnesses have a bach
(by the way, a "bach" is a beach house in Kiwi-speak. I think it originally came from "bachelor", as they were originally quite small - only big enough for one or two people)



Image hosting by Photobucket
Himatangi guest Tui
(a "tui" is both a bird and a beer!)



Image hosting by Photobucket
Tui's footprints

Image hosting by Photobucket
The infamous Himatangi tractor
(this one's for Tracey!)
l-r: Happy Uncle John, Aleesha, Lauren



Image hosting by Photobucket
And finally, a sunset from the back deck of the McGuinness's place in Lower Hutt.




No comments: