Saturday, March 11, 2006

Holy Sinner

Today I'm treating myself to the theatre.
I'm going to see dreamy Cliff Curtis in the revival of a New Zealand drama called The Holy Sinner. It's part of the NZ International Arts Festival, which only runs for another week or two.
So far, the only other program I've seen is an outdoor photography exhibition called Earth From Above, and if it ever comes to your area, I HIGHLY recommend it!
Here's some info about it:

"From spectacular glaciers to a market garden in Timbuktu, photographer Yann Arthus-Bertrand has captured an incredible variety of landscapes from the air. The results of his last 14 years’ work can be seen at the Earth from Above exhibition in Waitangi Park, which is free to the public and on display for the duration of the Festival.

The visually stunning, large-scale images are also a report on the state of the planet, revealing the ‘human footprint’ made in the name of progress. Arthus-Bertrand invites the viewer to think about the changes in the planet: is there a way to answer the needs of the present without compromising the capacity of future generations to answer theirs?

Alongside the photographs is a large walk-on map to explore, as well as texts that reveal astonishing facts and figures. Both a celebration of diversity and a chance to contemplate the future, Earth from Above will leave a powerful impression on both heart and mind."

Again, I highly recommend it.

I'll let you know how Holy Sinner goes...I may even do a critique of it for my "Drama and Theatre in Aotearoa New Zealand" class.

Speaking of which, my fires are starting to burn again for acting. I'd really like to be able to do some acting work here in Wellington. I'm trying to investigate options/resources, but if anyone else knows anyone that can point me in the rights directions, I welcome the help!

Love,
Claire

No comments: