Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Mama's Got a Brand New Flat

Well, it's actually not brand new, and it's not my own...but I finally found a place to live!
It's on the bottom floor of a beautiful little villa in Kelburn (about a 5-minute walk to campus), and I'll be sharing it with another 30-something who seems just lovely.

This was the 6th place that I looked at, and I'll admit I was getting discouraged. I had had my hopes set on another place, but the flatties there chose someone else, and my ego was a bit bruised. I kept trying to convince myself that it wouldn't have been the right place for me, it wasn't meant to be, blah blah blah. But when there aren't many other options, it's hard to take that all to heart.

So, at the very least, this is a relief...and a delight! I immediately felt comfortable there, and really loved the general atmosphere of the place.
I move in in a couple of weeks (either the 12th or the 17th) and am going to spend that time searching the 2nd hand shops for furniture, etc.

Yippee!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PICTURES, PLEASE!