Thursday, May 11, 2006

Fiji or not Fiji

Hey all
Been a while, I apologize.
I move tomorrow and have been in the throes of arranging all of that, trying to get all my work done, and planning some sort of vacation at the end of June during our next break.
Originally the plan was to go to Fiji (yes, it does exist) but when my travel buddies Caroline and Britta and I tried pursuing it, it turns out this is the peak season to go and it is WAY expensive.
Our next idea was the Cook Islands, but that was nixed due to the fact that they're filming Survivor there at the moment (shhhh, apparently it's some big secret) so all of the islands that make up the Cook Islands are booked up. Huh.
Our next idea was Samoa, which we found some interesting packages for, but considering the amount of money, and the decrease in the amount of time we get for that money, that idea was nixed.
I know, I can't even believe I'm talking about going to these places. They don't even seem real.

Now we're thinking of visiting somewhere on the Sunshine Coast of Australia, perhaps...
Who knows.

Anyway, hope you're all well. wish me luck with the move tomorrow!

Love,
Claire

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sucks about the cooks- I loved it. What about Tasmania? I've heard good things...