Monday, July 17, 2006

My bad

Much as I'd like to give a whole retelling of my trip to Australia, I just don't have the energy. We're talking 12 days!!!
Suffice to say it was great, had some incredible Aussie experiences, and am very glad I went.

Highlights:

1- Late night kangaroo "spotting" with a bus driver we met at our hostel in Hall's Gap. He's responsible for the close-up 'roo photos before my battery lost its juice:

2- Making it back to Melbourne in time to watch the last 5 minutes of the World Cup final on a big screen in Federation Square. We're talking 6:00am people. After an all-night overnight bus from Adelaide. Sans sleep. With luggage. It was pretty damn awesome (no sarcasm there, actually).


3- Making friends with two 'roos on our last day in Kangaroo Island. Yep, the ones that came straight up to our car doors and smelled our hair:


4- Having the honor of being the center of a sea lion pup playground for about 90 seconds on Kangaroo Island. Seriously. They smelled something awful, but goddamn are those pups cute:




5- Chillin with koalas:

Am knee-deep in classes again. Have 12 weeks left till the program's over. Have a blocked tear duct so my left eye is constantly crying. It's doing wonders for my social life. :)

The week ahead:

One of the hardest decisions I've been faced with since arriving in Wellington: I have a ticket to the All Blacks game against South Africa on Saturday, and my favorite kiwi band, Salmonella Dub just scheduled a show at my university on the same night. Been dying to see the All Blacks, obviously, and paid a crap-load of money for a ticket. But I've been waiting for Salmonella Dub to play, like, for-EVER. So what am I going to do? Go to both! I'll make it work, fingers crossed. :)

No comments: