Thursday, September 07, 2006

Recap of Day 2

Here's what we did on Mike's second day in Wellington:
He went walking around Cuba Street (Wellington's equivalent of St Mark's Place) while I went to my hiphop class, we then went for brunch with Mom at Fidel's, one of my favoritest spots for coffee and desserts on Cuba Street.
After brunch I took Mom and Mike on the Cable Car up to the Wellington Botanic Garden:



me on the cable car



Mom and I on the cable car

view of Wellington from the cable car

Mike at the Botanic Garden entrance, with a view of Wellington


Mom and I and Wellington

Plant life in the botanic garden

After the Botanic Garden, we took a long downhill scenic walk through downtown Wellington...

spray-painted sign on the Allenby Steps

cool Wellington architecture

After our tiki tour of downtown Wellington, we bought fixings for dinner that Mike and I were cooking, which consisted of teriyaki steak, roasted vegetables, and lots of wine. Oh yeah, and hokey-pokey ice cream.

Mike and Mom before our drunken feast. Yum!

No comments: