Friday, October 06, 2006

Mike's Day 14: Last day in Wellington

Before heading home, Mike decided to take photos of my house. Now that I'm heading home, I'm sure glad he did.

kitchen



lounge



lounge



lounge



fireplace in lounge



view of back yard from side of house



my house


We then headed up to the Victoria University campus and managed to catch a glimpse of the elusive tuatara that they have in a special area in one of the halls. I have never managed to see them aside from that day. Tuataras are directly linked to dinosaurs and only live in NZ. They are also close to becoming extinct.


tuatara








We then headed across campus to grab a coffee with my friend Britta (one of my travel-mates in Australia). Spent an hour chatting with her, then headed off.



After campus, Mike wanted to revisit the Botanic Gardens, as the first time we got a little sidetracked and didn't get to see as much as we would've liked.








































After the Botanic Gardens we decided to have a quiet dinner at home before Mike headed off in the morning. We made an awesome dinner (surf & turf!) and had a really lovely time.

The next day Mike left Wellington. And I was sad.

No comments: