Friday, January 26, 2007

Brrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Okay, just a couple of weeks ago we had unseasonably warm weather for January: one day temps were even in the 70s. It was hard to enjoy because everyone just looked and felt confused and uncomfortable all day -- isn't it January???

Now, however, things have normalized. And by normalized I mean it is now the coldest day in NY in 10 years. I woke up this morning and the local news channel showed 9 degrees as the temperature.

Fahrenheit.

Anything warmer than this will feel balmy in comparison, and I'm very much looking forward to it.

Stay warm!

2 comments:

Suzer said...

We're at about negative 10 this morning...........

And will be in Sydney in 3 weeks where it'll be about 90...talk about a jump!

Claire said...

I'm so JEALOUS! I just calculated that it will have been two years without summer by the time I actually get to enjoy it.
Boy are you gonna swelter over there. :)