Wednesday, December 05, 2007

A brief interlude - Thanksgiving

Thought I'd interrupt the Germany posts with one that's a bit more timely: my friend Brindha's recent visit to New York for Thanksgiving. She brought along her friend Shameela...and I brought along my mom, Michael, and my friend Toni...




Taken within seconds of greeting Brindha. Bless her, she's a beast with the camera. :)



On the subway...



Thanksgiving day and balmy parade weather...



What we were contending with...

Snoopy!!! (I, for one, turned into a 3 year-old as soon as I saw the floats)






Shrek!!!





I think Mr. Potato Head was my favorite. Isn't he a bit random? Why don't I remember him from years past? Is he new? Either way, he rocks.




A young lady named Dora.





Pikachu!




Sweating and smiling!





Frosty! The Snowman!
(I can still hear the little kid who was standing next to me chanting his name)



Getting ready for dinner at my mom's house.




The lovely guests of honor.




Mom and I.




Quorn! (For Brindha)


Happy Thanksgiving!




Sophie the demon kitty.




My good buddy Toni and I.


Shhhhh...sleepytime...




The next day I had to work, so we all met up for lunch before the ladies took of for New Jersey...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOoohh what a lovely time i had...so nice seeing everyone and meeting your mum and toni...it was such a great time...and see now we have plenty of pics for memories..:)

your friend
Brindha

Anonymous said...

That's too cruel! You guys all together! And what this I read about you in Germany again? Can you not stay in one country?!?!?!

:)

Love you to pieces and wish we were all together this xmas.