Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The last day before the first day of the rest of my life

(T-minus 11 days)
.......
Last Friday, January 20, was the end of my 6 year and 8 month career at TPR.
I complained about it a lot, and am still flabbergasted that I stayed as long as I did...although when you have a steady paycheck, benefits, and good friends there, time tends to get away from you.
My job there was always a "day job" to me while I pursued acting, and whenever I compared other actor-friends' day jobs to mine, my position always seemed pretty sweet. And, in retrospect, it was. However, if the education/publishing industry were my career, then this had tons to be improved upon.
Regardless, I left on Friday feeling good about myself, the legacy I left there, and--most importantly--the friendships that I am taking with me. I have learned so much about myself, other people, and the world in general from these people, and I would do it all again just for that.
I love you guys very much. I really hope you know that.
Ugh, now I'm getting weepy again.
Here are a few photos from the minutes before leaving my job at TPR and from the drink "do" afterwards.
Image hosting by Photobucket
Damaris, Me, Clayton
at my former cubicle

Image hosting by Photobucket
Me and Tracey
to whom I will forever be indebted for all her help with my upcoming kiwi adventure

Image hosting by Photobucket
The Blaus:
Greta and Jim

Image hosting by Photobucket
the ladies:
Kim C., Damaris, Donna, Me, Kim H.

(and my lovely going-away card and gift)


Image hosting by Photobucket
Heather, Me, Tracey

Image hosting by Photobucket
Mike & Me

No comments: