Friday, February 03, 2006

The day before tomorrow

I'm hopeless. I leave tomorrow and I still haven't packed. It's amazing how far denial and procrastination will get you.
I'm using the gift of a 90-minute massage from my mother this morning, and am hoping it doesn't wipe me out for the rest of the day. Somehow I've got to get my act together.
Last night Mike and I went to dinner, met some of his friends at a cigar bar (blech. never again!) and then came home. I'm very very sad to leave him. Hopefully I'll have my packing done by tonight so he can come over and we can try again to say goodbye. Last night was spent mostly just trying to wrap our heads around the whole idea.
I still have to post photos from the goodbye party, which was a wonderful wonderful night. I might try to do that on a break from packing.
It's amazing how much of a hard time I'm having with all of this. I've been excited for so long, and I never expected the depths of emotions coming up at the thought of goodbye.

No comments: