Saturday, June 17, 2006

All Blacks vs Ireland...round II

So, our landladies next door had us over for drinks and nibbles this evening. The invitees were all of us here at 30 Thompson Street: Steven, Joanne, Gerard, and myself. Jenny and Barbara were our hosts and are our landlords.
Steven was the guest of honor as he and his boyfriend Shaun are heading to the States on Wednesday (LA, then Vegas, then NYC for 11 days) so we (sans Gerard, who was working) went over and had oh...I don't know...5 bottles of wine between the four of us...and it's now 9:50pm and we just got home.
Forgive me for my drunken typos.
When we got back, Gerard was home and watching the rugby: round 2 of the All Blacks vs. Ireland in Auckland.
I was feeling a bit guilty for not supporting my boys as whole-heartedly as the last game and superstitiously thought that that might cost them the win...but we managed to come back in time for Gerard to inform us that they AB won 27 to 17.

Gorgeous!!!

They knew I was supporting them in spirit, even though my priorities were a bit out of wack.
Mama's going to bed. Hands up -- who thinks she'll be hung over tomorrow?
xoxoxoxo


Luke McAlister during tonight's game (guess I'm watching the replay tomorrow)

No comments: