Saturday, August 12, 2006

Cool Runnings

Just remembered that they played "Cool Runnings" on the overnight bus we took from Adelaide to Melbourne. Really weird at 3 in the morning in the middle of the outback.

Any-hoo...My mother arrives tomorrow! She must be at JFK waiting for her outbound flight to Sydney as I type. Hopefully, with all the latest terror, um, stuff, she's not too freaked out and will have a smooth series of flights.

A slight spanner has been thrown into the works of my Mom and Mike's visits: I start a new job on a trial basis tomorrow (want to see how I work with the rest of the small office). It's with an independent record label here in Wellington, and they have some really cool bands signed.
So far, I'm keenest on a band called "Fly My Pretties", which is basically a jam band made up of some of New Zealand's finest musicians. They've recorded two live CDs, and the whole premise behind it is really cool. Check out the info here.

You can also check out a 30 minute documentary about the idea of FMP and the cast of characters here and here.

So anyway, we'll see how that works out. It may cut into some of my vacation time with my visitors, but hopefully it will all work out for the best.

Love,
Claire

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey you! So, how's the job??? Sounds really cool :)

Claire said...

Heh heh...well...it was ok...i no longer work there. apparently i wasn't really the right person for the job. :)