Tuesday, February 16, 2010

NYC or bust

This weekend Mike and I are headed to NYC for an informal engagement party and TO SEE OUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY! (or mine at least).
I'm super excited to see everyone - my wonderful friend Robert is hosting both us for the weekend and the party on Saturday. And did I mention that we've asked him to marry us? He is my oldest and dearest friend, and it means so much that he will be performing the ceremony after 20+ years of love and friendship.
The beautiful Angela (and maid/matron/mumu/mermaid of honor) is traveling in from Knoxville, TN to be there - which is a huge gesture considering she's leaving her 2 sweet little girls and wonderful husband at home for the weekend.
My buddy Jeremiah is providing food from his restaurant Mama's, and I'll be cooking a couple of vegan dishes to balance out the hearty, decadent goodness of Mama's food.
Oh...and I'm going on my first wedding dress shopping experiment on Saturday before the party. I'm calling it an experiment because I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHAT TO EXPECT and cannot believe I'm actually shopping for a wedding dress. Holy s@#t!!!
Luckily I'll be joined by Robert and Angela and we're visiting Kimera, which I've heard wonderful things about. I'm trying not to have any expectations and just have it be a fun introduction to this crazy experience.
See you next week!

No comments: